Don’t Let Inefficient Translation Tools and Processes Jeopardize Your Global Product Releases
We know that missing a release deadline by 10% can have a 50% impact on product revenue and we won’t allow that to happen to our customers. Excel Translations offers a full range of industry-leading translation tools for all your translation and localization needs. Our end-to-end solutions streamline the whole translation process, guaranteeing an on-time delivery of your translations for an on-schedule global launch of your products. No excuses.
Our translation and localization solutions include the following and much more:
- Translation Memory Servers — Full integration, maintenance and management of your legacy or current translation memories, whether produced by Excel Translations or another language provider.
- XLCATS — XLCATS, Excel Translations’ proprietary Computer-Aided Translation System delivers lightning-fast translation production flows at a fraction of the usual cost. It combines artificial intelligence, translation memory technology, and human editing.
- ExcelNet — ExcelNet, Excel Translations’ proprietary online portal, is a unique web-based tracking and reporting tool specifically dedicated to its clients. Through ExcelNet, clients can have access to a wealth of information and track the status of their translations and quotes. ExcelNet also allows you to issue reports using a whole array of filters. You can generate reports listing projects, quotes, delivery dates, languages, cost, names of requesters, and even departments.
- Automated Glossary Integration — Glossaries with key terminology are compiled, shared across linguists, and seamlessly integrated in the processes for a consistent use of key terminology.
- Terminology Management Solutions — We maintain and manage terminology repositories for industry-, product- or client-specific terminology across multiple languages.
- CMS Integration — Excel Translations’ CMS integration process is designed to allow proprietary content management systems to function flawlessly with our project management processes and ISO-certified quality systems.
- In-Country Review Integration — Whether managed by you or by Excel Translations, our end-to-end solutions and tools incorporate this important step in the whole translation process.
- Full Creation of Translation Memories from Scratch — Your legacy content was translated but you don’t have access to the translation memories? No problem. We can recreate translation memories from scratch and save you tens of thousands of dollars on your next project.
- Full In-House Typesetting and DTP Capability — Whether it is a 500-page user manual or a marketing brochure, Excel Translations offers full desktop publishing capability in a variety of software and hardware platforms for both print and single-source publishing (web) formats, in all languages.
Translation Memory Tools
Excel Translations understands that a lot of information may be similar across multiple manuals, web pages, publications, and project components, as well as from one release of a product to the next. It is estimated that during most new releases or revisions, 30% to 40% of the information can be taken from an existing localized version and applied to the new release.
To that effect, Excel Translations has made substantial investments in terminology database software and translation memory tools. These tools enable us to recover the text of an existing translation and to recycle it for future projects, without billing our customers for translating the same information twice. We are concerned about your present needs, while keeping in mind your future localization requirements.
Furthermore, these tools are used to build online glossaries, which are then used by all parties involved in the project. The glossaries help the linguists and the reviewers to maintain an infallible consistency of the terminology used from one product to another and from one release to the next. Excel Translations builds and maintains a specific and customized translation memory for each of its clients.
Excel Translations uses Trados©, an industry-standard translation memory and terminology management tool. (This is not machine translation.) Trados creates a language database of previously translated words and word segments. It can be very effective in the translation of high-volume documentation by increasing accuracy and consistency across multiple documents; frequently resulting in significant cost savings for our clients. Other translation memory tools such as WorldServer, Transit, Déjà Vu™, and Corel Catalyst™ are also commonly used.
XLCATS delivers lightning-fast translation production flows at a fraction of the usual cost. It combines:
Artificial Intelligence + New Translation Memory Technology + Human Editing
How It Works
XLCATS uses statistical (SMT) engines to analyze the source language and existing lexical resources, such as reliable quality translation memories and terminology databases, to select the most appropriate translations in the target language.
XLCATS maximizes the power of the latest computer-aided translation technologies.
Incredible Results With XLCATS
- Turnaround times are up to three times faster than conventional translation processes.
- Costs can be cut by 30-40% compared to traditional translation workflows.
- Unlike machine translation, it provides the highest quality end product by integrating human translators, native speakers with specialized skills, into the process.
Additional Benefits of Using XLCATS
- There are no licensing fees associated with the use of XLCATS.
- We offer XLCATS at no extra charge for our clients.
- XLCATS is compatible with any format (Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker, MS Word, etc.).
- XLCATS supports all languages.
- XLCATS supports all TMX translation memory formats (Trados, Déjà Vu, etc.).
ExcelNet – Excel Translations’ Client Portal
ExcelNet is Excel Translations’ proprietary online portal, a unique tracking and reporting tool specifically dedicated to its clients. Through ExcelNet, clients may gain access to a wealth of information that helps them plan, monitor and review their projects and quotes, track the status of their translations and issue different types of reports. Access is secure via password and login ID. ExcelNet is only available to existing clients. Its use is complimentary.
Here are some of the unique features Excel Translations’ clients can enjoy through the use of ExcelNet:
- Dashboard with access to a full list of approved and pending quotes
- Access to projects that are in-progress, as well as completed projects or projects on-hold
- Easy, step-by-step wizard, to quickly issue a quote request
- Real-time project status reports
- Full access to Excel Translations main points of contacts (Project Managers, Account Executives, etc.) with phone numbers, emails, locations, skype IDs, etc.
- Full reports tracking your organization’s translation history (language break-down, cost, delivery dates, etc.)
- Quick access to Excel Translations’ quality info, including all our quality certificates
Excel Translations’ CMS integration process is designed to allow proprietary content management systems to function seamlessly with our project management processes and ISO-certified quality systems.
- If your organization uses a content management system or database-driven content, Excel Translations can integrate our processes and tools with your system in order to leverage your content.
- With our CMS Integration, we can utilize the full potential of your content management system, resulting in reduced turn-around-times and improved cost efficiencies.